Monday, June 4, 2012

Roots Only Touch Up Comb Review


I received a Roots Only Applicator Comb and I was thrilled to try it out on my brother's super thick Italian curly hair!
My brother wanted his hair bleached, but only HALF of his head so that he could see how it looked and if he liked it. I thought he was bleaching it so that it could be died blue and red, but it is now several days later and ... well you will see what his hair looks like further down. Now, my brother has short hair, but like I stated above, it is super thick and curly (curly, when longer then what it currently is) Italian hair. I HONESTLY believe that the one container of hair bleach my mom had to dye my brother's hair with, would NOT have been enough for ONLY HALF his head of hair, if she only had the little brush thingy that came with the hair bleach. Roots Only helped the hair bleach spread further and not clump together into one giant glob of hair bleach. Roots Only is very easy to use, we had a bit of trouble with the hair bleach not wanting to go into the bottle and so it sat on the rim. Which looks like this and can be very messy (see photo below).
UNTIL my mom squeezed the Roots Only bottle, just gently, enough to stretch the rim a different way and allow some air flow. 
As you can see in the photo above, the Roots Only Comb allows for easy access, straight down to the roots! Hence the name, Roots Only? The Roots Only Applicator Comb also allows for a controlled amount of hair bleach to be applied at a time, unlike with using a brush which you can't control the amount or exactly where you place the bleach or whatever it is you may be using. 
  We also used Roots Only to comb through with the hair bleach and even touch up some of the tips as pictured below. 
After applying the hair bleach with the Roots Only Comb, he followed the instructions on the hair bleach for rinsing. 
AFTER: Right down to the roots thanks to the Roots Only Applicator Comb!
 Top view of his hair. I actually like his hair like this, it is different/unique. All three of us were pleased with the Roots Only applicator. 

Yes, it IS reusable! How you may ask even after having hair bleach in it? Very simple actually! Just rinse with hot water, wash with a bit of soap and rinse again. VERY easy to rinse and wash, I will be honest, I thought for sure it would be a pain to get the teeth of the comb clean, but the hair bleach rinsed right out. 

BUY IT!
Roots Only can be purchased online HERE for only $6.99 +SH! Don't forget, it is reusable and very easy to clean! 
 
 Disclaimer: I WAS SENT ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE ITEMS TO TRY OUT AND THE REVIEW IS SOLELY BASED ON MY PERSONAL OPINION. I WAS NOT COMPENSATED IN ANY OTHER WAY! THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment