Saturday, July 19, 2014

Children's Claritin Playmaker Kit - Safe, Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief

Disclosure: As a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. 

I am a Claritin Mom Crew Member and I'm so happy to be one!! I've learned quite a bit since joining Claritin's Mom Crew and I feel we are a great family to help spread the word about Children's Claritin as Jedilynn (8 years old) has pretty bad seasonal allergies that we treat with Claritin and Ezio (2 years old) has multiple food allergies that are nearly impossible to completely avoid. He is allergic to eggs, peanuts, nearly all tree nuts (there are more then I even knew existed) and sesame. His allergy to eggs is so severe that he had a reaction to them when dying Easter eggs. A reaction to eggs through the shell! Eggs are in so many foods that you probably never even knew and eggs have about 10 different names that they can be named on labels as, making it even harder to guarantee that he is not being exposed to egg. Peanut is fairly easy until you get into deep fried foods and Asian and Chinese foods which use a lot of peanuts and peanut oils. Asian and Chinese foods also often contain a lot of different tree nuts and/or sesame seeds or even sesame oil. He's really only safe eating fresh meats, fruits and veggies. However, he also has an undiagnosed allergy to melons and I'm pretty sure he is also allergic to cinnamon.

Anyhow, on to our experience with Children's Claritin!

This is not my image. I had to grab an image from Google as my cooler bag has gone missing before I could take my own photo of it. 

We received the kit above which includes 3 Children's Claritin spring tote bags, a Children's Claritin cooler tote, Spring themed Children's Claritin refrigerator notepads (magnetic backs) and Children's Claritin coupons. We actually needed more Children's Claritin and I knew that I'd have a few extra coupons after our Children's Claritin Playmaker Play Date so I used one of the coupons to get the kids a bottle of Children's Claritin. Coupons always come in handy!

A few of my friends have children with allergies so they came over for a play date and we discussed some ways we help minimize their exposure to their allergens. Children's Claritin Mom Crew also provided us with some fun and delicious recipes for Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwiches, Pizza Roll-Ups, Cucumber and Dill Dip as well as some beverages - Sprintime Lemonade and a yummy desert for kids - Dirt Cups with Gummy Worms.

They also included a fun Backyard Obstacle Course instructions for setting it up. We set one up, but ours was not worthy of a picture. I was rather assumed of my crummy obstacle course. None the less the kids still had fun! They also provided ideas for a mud pie station and a painting space.

Backyard Obstacle Course! 
This will engage your child(ren)'s imagination and creativity. It's pretty quick and easy to set up and the best part is, you will probably have all or most of the materials laying around your house.

Materials: 
  • Cardboard boxes
  • Balls
  • Cones
  • Hula Hoops
  • Masking Tape or Rope
  • Broomstick
Steps:
  1. Stagger the boxes on the lawn so your children can run through them in a zig-zag pattern. 
  2. Set up a limbo stick for your children. Use the back of chairs as supports, or just hold the broomstick for your children to go under. Get them in the mood by playing some limbo music. 
  3. Open the tops and bottoms of large cardboard boxes, tape several together to make a tunnel to crawl through. 
  4. Tie several pieces of rope into 10 to 12 inch circles and set them in a row on your lawn to creat a hop scotch layout. 
  5. Set up a box as a "basket" for your child to toss a ball into. 
  6. Place two 8 to 10 foot lengths of rope or tape and have the children walk it like a balance beam. 
 
This obstacle course is so much fun! I just wish I had more of the supplies needed. We have boxes and the boys love to play in boxes whether I do any of the above or not. Thought I'd share the obstacle course idea with you all so you can have fun doing it with your own children. 
 
 
 
Children's Claritin is available in Grape flavored Chewable tabs and Syrup. Children's Claritin syrup is dye free, sugar free and alcohol free as well as lactose and gluten free. It is also Kosher approved. We always get the syrup as I know for sure that Ezio will drink that. I don't know if he'll chew up the tabs or not. It is the #1 Pediatrician recommended non-drowsy allergy relief medication for children who are 2 years old and older. Children's Claritin provides 24 hour relief of runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes and itchy nose or throat. 

This can help you determine what days are okay to have your windows open if you or your child suffer from outdoor seasonal allergies. On high days keep your windows closed to lessen your allergy symptoms.

Connect with Children's Claritin
 
 
Does your child(ren) suffer from seasonal, indoor/outdoor or food allergies? What do you to treat their non-life threatening allergy symptoms? 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, it looks like they had fun! I have a nephew who has so many allergies! He could use this stuff! We sometimes use it, in fact.

    ReplyDelete