Chili Cornbread Bake
One of my favorite dishes is this Chili Cornbread Bake. I first discovered it as a quick boxed meal, but I knew I needed to try my hand at making it homemade. Plus, the box just didn't make a large enough serving to feed our whole family. Cornbread has always been a huge favorite of mine and who doesn't like chili?
This is such a simple, yet delicious dish to make. You probably already have at least half of the ingredients in your home. You can use either chili seasoning packets or if you make your own chili seasoning feel free to go completely from scratch with it.
*All ingredients are not pictured above.*
Brown and drain ground beef. Then add in chili seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Allowing the chili flavor to cook into the meat and the sauce will also thicken up a little bit.
Pour meat into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
Add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese to your liking.
Evenly pour cornbread over cheese layer.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check cornbread to make sure it is cooked through.
Enjoy the delicious Chili Cornbread Bake! The bake itself is rather heavy on the stomach.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 pk chili seasoning
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 boxes cornbread mix
1. Brown and drain ground beef.
2. Stir in chili seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Let simmer 5-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
3. Make cornbread according to package instructions.
4. Preheat oven according to cornbread cooking directions. Jiffy cooks at 400 degrees.
5. Pour chili meat into a 13 x 9 baking dish. Layer shredded cheese over meat. Then evenly pour cornbread mix over cheese layer.
6. Bake according to cornbread instructions. I baked mine for about 30 minutes.