Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sole Provisions Weil Rhythm Walker Black & Teal Walking Shoes Review


Holden Nagelberg first got into the shoe business back in 1991 while he was attending graduate school for music education in Queens, NY. He needed a part time job that would work with his busy class schedule and student teaching schedule. He seen an ad for a part time job at a local orthopedic shoe store, he applied and was hired. He quickly realized how fortunate he was to be working for a great family that had spent three generations in the orthopedic shoe business. He was treated as if he were one of their own and was exposed to a wealth of information about foot problems, footwear, and custom orthotics. He liked his job and environment so much that when he finished his teaching certification and was ready to fill a position in a local middle school, he accepted a job to become the shoe store manager instead. 

In August of 1997 Holden was able to open Sole Provisions in the village of Huntington, New York. This was due to his generous employers who agreed to co-sign a business loan for him and he planned for a year. 

Weil Rhythm Walker Black & Teal 

I received a pair of Weil Rhythm Walker Black and Teal walking shoes ($119.95ARV). All Weil Integrative Footwear Styles feature the revolutionary AMS "Aided Motion Control" System, Orthaheel's Tri-Planar Motion Control System and a first ray flexor zone. These three systems combine to provide easier movement, greater endurance and energy and improved posture. 


Now that we finally have nice and warm weather here... minus the past few days which have been rainy and chilly, we have been taking the kids for walks, going to the park quite often and even walking down by the lake. These walking shoes have made it so much more enjoyable to do these things with my children! My feet, ankles and knees all hurt less and even my back hurts a ton less! Yes, just a better pair of shoes can help relieve pain in all of these joints and these shoes definitely do so!

As some of you may know already, I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. A rare auto immune disease that affects all of my joints and is similar to Rheumatoid Arthritis - it causes chronic inflammation through out my joints, so staying active and keeping everything mobile is definitely important. The big issue with AS is that it is causing my lower vertebrae to fuse together over time, making posture key! While sitting, standing and even walking I need to try and maintain proper posture. 

In all honesty I can say that I noticed my posture has been much better while wearing these shoes then any other shoes I've ever worn. Of course I do have the best posture while barefoot, but even though I do sometimes, I can't always go into stores barefoot. They will catch me if I am a "repeat offender", I just greatly prefer being barefoot. 

These shoes were a bit snug on my feet at first as I have pretty wide feet, however they "stretched" out nicely and are quite comfortable now. I even forget to take them off when I come in the house and sometimes don't even realize I still have them on when I'm doing stuff around the house. This is coming from a person who would never wear shoes if it weren't a requirement in public! These shoes are definitely my first pick when going anywhere, heck I'd probably even wear them to a wedding they are so comfortable. 

Connect with Sole Provisions

4 comments:

  1. I read your review and I found it quite interesting. I have to be so picky about my shoes because of my ankles, knees and back. I have had both knees replaced and if I wear the wrong shoe the pain is unbearable. I would have to have these shoes in a wide width but I would love to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shoes look great! I always have such trouble finding tennis shoes, as I have RA and a lot of them cause me so much pain. I would love to try these out! Thanks for the awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauryn,

      Ankylosing Spondylitis is a rare form of RA, so our pain and needs are probably very closely alike! I hope you will be able to try these shoes and they provide similar relief for you as well!

      Sarh

      Delete
  3. These shoes sound great, I have been looking for some comfortable tennis shoes. I have arthritis in my ankle and heel spurs. I think I need to try these!!!

    ReplyDelete