Thursday, May 1, 2014

Glutino Gluten Free Perfect Pie Crust & Cornbread Stuffing Review

Disclosure: We received these products in exchange for our honest review, all opinions and experiences are 100% our own and may differ from those of your own. 

 

In November we received a package from Glutino that included Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing and Gluten Free Perfect Pie Crust. We used the Cornbread Stuffing for one of my favorite dishes! I will soon be using the pie crust for an apple pie! YUMMY!

I made my favorite Chilli Cornbread Casserole and substituted the cornbread with the cornbread stuffing, but one thing I forgot or just didn't think to take into consideration was that the stuffing would be much more thirsty then regular cornbread... Minus the very top of the cornbread topping it was still pretty moist, but there were some pretty dry parts which is my own fault. 


 I was a bit nervous to try Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing. Why? Because for one I do not usually like to try new things, two I do not like stuffing at all and three it's Gluten Free and foods need gluten to taste right and have the correct texture right? Well, not so much the case with this delicious cornbread stuffing.

When I put this dish together, I browned my hamburger (1lb), drained the grease and added my seasoning. You can add any chilli or probably even taco seasoning you please, make it your own! While I fried up the hamburger I made the cornbread stuffing according to the box instructions. Once the hamburger and cornbread stuffing were done, I poured the hamburger into my casserole dish and then spread the cornbread stuffing across the top. This dish is also good with a layer of cheese in the middle! 

We all greatly enjoyed the Chilli Cornbread Stuffing Cornbread Casserole and I was so pleased! I even liked the Cornbread Stuffing by it's self! I didn't have to drown it in a different flavor or texture.

Ezio was unable to eat this dish due to his egg allergy, the cornbread stuffing does contain egg whites and I absolutely love the honesty and clearness of the ingredients in each of Glutinos products. They are all displayed clearly on the box as well as on their website for each individual product. Makes it so much easier for a family with food allergies to enjoy this brand of Gluten Free foods!

My family as a whole (aside from Ezio) were all pleased with the delicious tastes of the Glutino Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing on top of our favorite Chilli Cornbread dish. It gave a nice twist to one of our favorite dinners. Sometimes even your absolute favorite meal becomes boring when you make it exactly the same way. 

Connect with Glutino
Website
Facebook
Twitter @GlutinoFoods
Pinterest
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment