Monday, May 14, 2012

Slice Safety Cutter & Precision Cutter Review

Slice
I received two Slice Safety Cutter and the Precision Cutter to review.
About Slice Cutter

The Slice™ Safety Cutter is the most versatile tool you'll ever own. Features a finger-friendly microscopic ceramic blade that's quick, easy and a safe substitute for scissors or traditional safety knives. Slice Safety Cutters are perfect for scrap-booking, clipping recipes, coupons and news articles, removing shrink-wrap, opening CDs, DVDs, plastic packaging, and more. Includes a built-in magnet and key-ring hole.

- Ceramic blade lasts longer than steel
- Stays sharp and never rusts
- Built-in magnet and key-ring hole
- Rubberized non-slip finish
- Finger-Friendly™ Design
- For left- and right-handers

Perfect for Couponers!

My review for Slice Safety Cutter

The Slice Safety Cutter was so easy to use! I cut out a photo from the local newspaper and there was very little marks on the next page. It's not cut perfectly straight, but I'm not very good at perfectly straight lines whether it be drawing them or cutting them, so that is more then likely due to me. I can't wait to get a new movie or something with those annoying plastic sticky seals over the tops and sometimes sides of the case, the Slice Safety Cutter will make opening new movies and games a BREEZE! The ceramic blade is small enough that it will (should, if I can manage to cut straight)simply glide down the middle of the sticky seal. Scissors are too wide and often scrape up the plastic case. The only thing I am wondering about with this product is, will the very little ceramic cutting tip stay sharp FOREVER? It never wears down?
  To purchase the Safety Cutter for $5.99 CLICK HERE!

About the Precision Cutter 

The Slice™ Precision Cutter features a high-tech Zirconium Oxide blade that lasts longer than steel and never rusts. An artful combination of function and style with a distinct respect for ergonomics. 

- Safer than craft knives
- Stays sharp and never rusts
- Ideal for intricate shapes
- For use by left- and right-handers


Design by Karim Rashid.
2008 Good Design Award Winner: Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture & Design

  My Review of the Precision Cutter

The Precision Cutter is as well an easy product to use and I absolutely love that it has a cover for the blade. To try out the Precision Cutter I drew a tree and cut it out. It was quicker to use the Precision Cutter rather then a pair of scissors. I did find though, that to get a smooth rounded edge it was better to allow the Precision Cutter to turn as well so the blade was continuously pulled straight. Now I do realize I am not the best as drawing, but bare with me and my tree, star and heart that I cut out with the Precision Cutter pictured below.
I will definitely be using the Precision Cutter to cut out things JJ and myself color and draw this summer. This will also make cutting the Box Tops off the juice bottles easier, rather then fighting with plastic labels that often rip off weird and rip the Box Top in half. I will no longer have to remove the label before cutting the box top off. If you use a Precision Cutter I DO recommend putting just one sheet of paper, a cutters mat, or something under what you are cutting, I can feel small and very few scratches in the laminated keyboard tray on the desk, but they are there.
To purchase the Slice Precision Cutter for $7.99, CLICK HERE! 
Be sure to check out Slice's other products! I have told my mother about the Box Cutter as she does home repairs, remodeling, etc.
Also 'Like' Slice on Facebook and follow Slice on Twitter

Sarh

No comments:

Post a Comment